Rand McNally Update
One of the most powerful and versatile, Rand Mcnally Dock is the backbone of Rand Mcnally GPS devices. The software facilitates you with free software updates and access to map updates. Basically, Rand McNally Dock is a desktop software application that is user-friendly and levies no cost burden on the user. Follow the procedure below-given for Rand Mcnally GPS Update.
How To Download Rand McNally Dock?
- Begin the download procedure by opening the web browser of your choice that is available on your computer. You can select amongst Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc.
- Visit the support page of Rand McNally to download the Rand McNally Dock software on your computer. You can do this by typing in “randmcnally.com/dock” in the browser’s Address bar.
- This will take you to the required web page for Rand McNally Dock.
- On the support page, you will notice the download links for both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Proceed further, by clicking on the link as per the operating system you are using.
- By doing so, it will start downloading the software on your preferred device.
- Once the downloading procedure gets completed, move further with the installation procedure.
How To Install Rand McNally Dock?
- Firstly, locate the downloaded setup file in the default location i.e Downloads folder on your computer.
- After that, double-click on the downloaded setup file.
- Now, you must click on the “Run” tab in order to validate your system.
- The upcoming window will provide you with the “Terms and Conditions” link. You must click on its respective link and read the terms and conditions of the document thoroughly. Then, select the corresponding checkbox to accept the terms.
- Proceed further by clicking on the “Install” tab.
- Thereafter, you have to wait until the installation process is going on.
- Finally, click on the “finish” tab in order to exit the installer.
How To Update Rand McNally GPS Devices?
- After installing the software, Launch the Rand McNally Dock application on your system.
- Before moving on with the Rand McNally Update procedure you are required to establish a connection between your Rand Mcnally device and your computer. For this, locate the USB port both on your device and on your computer.
- Now, use the USB cable that you get with the product to establish a connection. For this, connect one end of the USB cable with your Rand McNally GPS and another end with your computer. This will establish the connection for Rand McNally Update.
- As a result, this will take you to the Product Registration window. In this window, you are required to fill in the empty text boxes accurately.
- Further, click on the “Ok” button in the dialogue box that prompts on your screen.
- In the very next window, you will see an icon of “Updates Available” on your screen. Here, you need to click on this icon to proceed further with the Rand Mcnally Update procedure.
- In the next screen, you will see all the updates that are available for your device.
- In the subsequent window, locate and click on the “Begin Download” icon. You will trace this icon in the middle of the screen.
- As soon as you click on this icon, the available Rand Mcnally update will start installing on your device. Look at the progress bar of your screen in order to check the update process easily. You have to wait patiently, as the process of Rand Mcnally Update takes some time.
- It is recommended not to close the window or turn off your system in between the installation process. By doing this might result in the system ceasing to download the file further.
- Once you have completed the Rand Mcnally Update procedure you will see a message stating “Downloads Complete” on your screen.
- Along with this, in this window, you will be prompted to transfer the updates to your device. You can transfer the updates to your device by clicking on the “Transfer” icon. You will trace this icon in the middle of the screen.
- Consequently, this will start transferring Rand Mcnally Updates to your device.
- Wait for some time until the transfer procedure gets completed.
- After completing the above process you will be notified with a message indicating, “Install Complete” on your screen.
- Now, you are required to tap on the back button. By doing so, it will take you back to the main menu entitled your GPS is up to date.
- At last, it will notify you when it is safe to disconnect your device. It is advised that you must disconnect the Device only when you get this message.